Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Uruguay is out of the world cup

<<previous next>>
Uruguay world cup classificator, street crowd watching the game on tv
Uruguay Australia, second leg game, in australia. The whole country woke up early, the match started 7:00 am local time, public schools granted permission for children to arrive late, this was announced on the news yesterday. Companies let their employees arrive late as well. That’s how much it meant for us.

The first half was even, Australia managed to score though. I felt that from the beginning the socceroos where cutting the game’s rhythm with faults. Kewel entrance made a big difference. The second half Australia played better, there were some goal opportunities for both sides, but they were in control most of the game. The referee didn’t do a good job, he let the game get too physical, I feel he should have taken measures before.  

Penalties mean nothing, it’s like coin tossing.

We only needed one goal to make it, and we didn’t score it. Shame on us! The best team is going to the world cup. It’s a pity to have made it this far only to stop here. As we say, it’s like swimming a lot only to die on the shore.

Now it’s national day of mourning

I advice ozzies staying in Uruguay at the moment, no to go out. (much stronger adjectives come to my mind right now towards ozzies, but I'll just keep them to myself)
...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

G'day mate! I'd stay away from Germany if i were you......SORRY! Uruguay aint there! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI

aus.footy.fan said...

My condolences Uruguay. We’ve been experiencing what you’re going through now for 32 years.

Our preparation was against very weak opposition, so to beat a team of Uruguay’s pedigree to get to the World Cup means a great deal to us. I died a thousand deaths every time Recoba hit a free kick or cross with that left foot.

You have 18 world cup qualifiers to get to the world cup and all we have every four years is a sudden death play-off after beating tiny island nations. We feel we deserve it this time. For the first time in over three decades it didn’t end in heartache and tears for us.

I’m more relieved than anything. With a new administration and professional league, Australian football desperately needed this.

I’m sorry Uruguay and Recoba won’t be there. Missing out doesn't kill you, but for a while there it sure feels like it.

Anonymous said...

Australia worked damn hard to get to the cup. We have alot of factors against us to qualify and we did it in style. Condolences to Uruguay :) Now it's our turn in the sun.

gabouy said...

aussies I salut u, It's just not a good day to be uruguayan :(

Anonymous said...

I AM AN AUSTRALIAN LIVING IN ARGENTINA WHO LOVES YOUR COUNTRY.I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS WALKING THE STREETS OF MONTEVIDEO TODAY.
I HAVE WAITED 32 YEARS FOR THIS DAY!!!!!

gabouy said...

Almost 24 hours have passed and i've made some progress, I'm regaining speech, my fists are unclenching, I was able to smile one hour ago, I don't feel anymore this urge to cry, who knows, maybe in less than a week I realize it's only football

;)

Anonymous said...

if australia failed to qualify, i'm sure that uruguayans living in australia
will be able to walk around without any problem.

mate, we are all football/soccer lovers.

Anonymous said...

the ozzie crowd should be beaten up after their performance

Anonymous said...

The way the Uruguayan players act like little sissies make this football look like a joke. Number 2 for Uruguay is a disgrace. I bet his liitle sister bashes the hell out of him.

Robert Howard said...

Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

Website
Information

RalphSelton said...

Pinoysplunkers.org
Information
Click Here

There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

CorySteeves said...

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Hotify.net
Information
Click Here
Visit Web

slealea said...

replica bags joy replica gucci bag q0e55d2w07 replica bags ebay replica bags in london anchor w3w17u6f83 replica bags south africa click here for more j4r08p4p90 replica bags from china replica bags in london

Angel17 said...

Thanks for this informative blog, Keep posting. real estate in cohasset ma