Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cabo Polonio, Rocha

There's a place in Rocha, Uruguay, called Cabo Polonio. I've never been there myself, but I've always heard all sort of things about it, some people love it, they says it's a unique place in the world, while others can't stand the lack of civilization and services there.

The fact is that there this place called Cabo Polonio, that can't be reached by car, it's about 7 km from the closest highway, people get there walking that distance, or in all terrain vehicles. Another way to get there is by the beach, in a 3 hour walk from Valizas.

There you can find: sea lions, a lighthouse, the beach, and sand dunes. The place has no electricity, no running water, few and rustic constructions. The funny thing is that from january to march it gets crowded with tourists, and the rents are sky high, even though almost no basic services are provided.

Topless is a common practice there, and even some nudity, or so they say. My girlfriend says she saw there (I hope from far away) some guys playing beach soccer in the nude. Well that's the type of things you don't see everyday.

I came across this articles about Cabo Polonio in Uruguay, in gaston in suecia's blog, which has some nice pictures, and I think captures what seems to be the escence of Cabo Polonio.
...

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm from Montevideo, but I grew in Castillos a city closely of Valizas and Cabo Polonio and really is unique places. I recommend you to go…

Nathan said...

An Argentine friend recommended that I go while I was in Montevideo. I spent a couple of days there and it was amazing. Of course, that was in November, and there were only two other tourists there...

gabouy said...

Here are some pictures taken from El Cabo & La Pedrera, by felipe.

cheers,
gabo

Anonymous said...

Gabo,

I was in Cabo Polonio when I visited Uruguay 2 years ago...it is a great place!

I'm actually very excited to get back to Uruguay someday, what a great country!

Unknown said...

true religion outlet
christian louboutin shoes
levis outlet online
kate spade handbags
louis vuitton canada
cheap jordans free shipping
christian louboutin sale
lebron james shoes 2016
ugg boots
canada goose sale
2016121

Unknown said...

michael kors outlet online
true religion sale
cheap bottom shoes
gucci handbags outlet
rolex replica watches
nike outlet
uggs outlet
cheap uggs
canada goose jackets
Replica Rolex
zhi20170107

Abet lenato said...

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

Wordpress.com
Website

Rifal Kurni said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Dogforum.co.uk
Information
Click Here
Visit Web

Rachelle said...

This is such a great update. miami photographers

heathkinfe said...

This really answered my problem, thank you!

Information
Click Here

Anonymous said...

The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing..
Gutter Services

Unknown said...

Thank you for the good insight! Much appreciated. Keep it up guy's. Surrey Insulation Services

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful information, thanks for sharing! website

Top HVAC in Florida said...

Interesante informacion por aca. Muchas gracias!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this article ! it's really useful
https://treeservicesrichmond.net

Angel17 said...

I've never been there too, But based on what I have heard this is a nice place Cabo Polonio, in Rocha. Pool Screen repair Punta Gorda, FL

Anonymous said...

Nice post! Thanks for taking the time in sharing this great article in here.

Plastic Surgery Mesa Az

Anonymous said...

"Such an awesome post. Thanks for sharing!
"
https://accountantsreddeer.ca

Anonymous said...

Awesome read you’ve got there, I’ll have to pass it on!
Accountants Hamilton

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your posts. great work!
Tree Removal Calgary

Anonymous said...

Greetings and thanks for this article. Play Lebron James 2048